Grilled cheese is a pretty universal comfort food. It might seem incredibly American, but when faced with hunger pangs, and little left in your fridgde, it’s easy to bring bread and cheese together and turn it into something delicious.
In order to create the grilled cheese of our dreams, we’ve put the cheese outside the toast, creating a golden exterior. In order to retain the creaminess, we’ve used Lady’s Choice Ham Spread, made with their thick and smooth mayonnaise.
What’s great about Lady’s Choice Ham Spread is it doesn’t just add texture; it also adds much needed meatiness to the fatty sandwich. There’s no need to add extra ham or any other filling–the spread itself is chock-full of tender bits of pork, ensuring that every bite is just as meaty as the next one. This recipe may only require a few ingredients, but because of the quality of what’s in between both slices of bread, it feels way more luxurious than your average grilled cheese.
Reverse Ham Grilled Cheese with Lady’s Choice Ham Spread
- Serves: 2 servings
- Active time: 15 mins
- Total time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Reverse Ham Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices white bread, thick-cut
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup Lady’s Choice Ham Spread
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place slices of bread on a tray and butter one side of each piece with the melted butter.
- Flip over two pieces of bread and spread half of the Lady’s Choice Ham Spread on each piece.
- Take the remaining slices of bread and place over top, creating two ham spread sandwiches with buttered sides facing outward.
- In a pan over medium-low heat, add 2 tbsp. of grated cheese.
- As the cheese begins to melt, place a sandwich over the top.
- Wait for the cheese to melt, brown, and turn slightly crisp, about one minute.
- Top the other side with 2 tbsp. of grated cheese and flip.
- Cook this side for one more minute until golden and remove from heat.
- Repeat steps with the remaining cheese and sandwich.
- Serve immediately.